Summer Camp Nurse
Dates: June 5- August 3, 2023
Three week contracts also available
Camp Nurse position available at an organic farm-to-table sleepaway camp!
Our Camp Nurses are the primary care providers on-site and our Medical Director is available 24/7 for consultation and visits camp as needed.
About Eden Village West
Eden Village West is an organic farm-to-table residential Jewish camp in Sonoma County, California with a 6-week overnight summer program as well as other farm programming throughout the spring and fall. Our campers enjoy farming, wilderness and homesteading skills, culinary arts, music and sports as they become empowered to promote a more environmentally sustainable, socially just, and spiritually connected world for all.
Camp Nurses are responsible for:
- Setting up our health center at the beginning of summer season
- Reviewing camper medical records before campers arrive
- Medication administration
- Implementing camp first aid protocols
- Staffing daily open clinic hours – assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for campers and staff
- Computer-based MAR documentation
- On call overnight responsibilities
- Acting as liaison between the camp doctor, camp administrators, camp counselors and parents concerning diagnoses, prescriptions and treatments
- Educating parents and camp staff about children’s health issues
- Leading breakdown of the health center once camp is over
*Additional responsibilities as required.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Live in residence at camp in Healdsburg, California
- Position requires a valid LVN, RN, or NP license in the state of California
- Current CPR and First Aid training
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Previous nursing experience with children of all ages preferred, especially in camp or school settings
- Excellent organization, communication, and people skills
- Comfort communicating with children, young adults, and parents/guardians
- Ability to act swiftly under high stress situations
Why you’ll love it!
- Experience a community with a vibrant staff of 75 people from all over the world! Our community values skills-sharing, spiritual growth, and inclusivity.
- You’ll enjoy three kosher, organic, locally sourced meals a day.
- We have fun staff activities that take place 2-3 times a week, facilitated by your fellow staff members!
- You’ll inspire kids to be more playful, kind, caring, joyful, and grateful- changing their lives and changing the world!
Part time- $1250/week + Room & Board (minimum 3 weeks)
Full time- $10,625 (8.5 weeks) + Room & Board
Hiring Process & Timeline
- We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled
- We hope to have the selected candidate begin by January 15th, 2023
How To Apply
Please send resume, two references, and a note to Jesse at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Camp Nurse – YOUR NAME”. Tell us why Eden Village West of all places is so interesting to you, your experience, and share about your passions. We will also accept video cover letters, if that’s more your thing.
At Eden Village West, we know that diversity supports resilience. On our farm, in our gardens, and throughout the natural world, diversity is what allows every living thing to thrive. Eden Village West approaches all that we do, including hiring, with this mindset.
Eden Village West recognizes the internal and external biases that often prevent or delay candidates holding marginalized identities from applying for positions. We deeply value the insight, perspective & experience brought by people from diverse backgrounds, including Black, Indigenous, Latine and Asian people; LGBTQ and gender non-conforming people; people with disabilities; Black Jews, Jews of Color, Sephardi and Mizrahi Jews. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.
We encourage all who are interested in making the magic of Eden Village West come to life to apply.